Optos Retinal Imaging: Advanced Technology at Advantage Eyecare from Our Experienced North Richland Hills, Colleyville Optometrists
Our eye doctors at Advantage Eyecare in North Richland Hills can now conduct comprehensive eye exams without dilating your eyes, using the latest Optos® Retinal Imaging technology at our optometry practice. We're excited to use this state-of-the-art technology that is more comfortable for our patients in the surrounding communities of North Richland Hills, Colleyville, Hurst, Bedford, Keller, and Southlake, while simultaneously providing us a better image of your retina and interior eye. Optos allows our optometrists to accomplish both of these goals at your next optometry appointment at our North Richland Hills optometry clinic.
What is Optos Retinal Imaging?
Optos retinal imaging is a sophisticated UWF™ (ultra-wide field) scanning laser device, which takes a detailed, high-resolution photo of your eye's retina. This image, called an Optomap®, helps our eye doctors in North Richland Hills and Colleyville with the diagnosis and monitoring of your eye health and vision problems. The Optomap provides a detailed view of more than 80 percent of the retina, spanning a 200 degree angle. A traditional view, by contrast, covers only 30 to 45 degrees.
Why is Retinal Examination Necessary for the Communities of North Richland Hills, Colleyville, Hurst, Bedford, Keller, and Southlake, TX?
Highly detailed screening of your retina is crucial in a comprehensive eye exam. Retinal scanning helps our optometrists in North Richland Hills to diagnose common eye conditions that can cause permanent vision loss if not discovered and treated early. Serious eye problems discovered via retinal imaging can include:
- Intraocular bleeding
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal detachment
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Melanoma (ocular cancer)
- And more
Does Optos Replace Other Eye Tests at Advantage Eyecare?
Your comprehensive eye exam will still include our other methods of examining and testing your eyes, as appropriate, including:
- Visual field measurement equipment to check your peripheral vision
- Eye pressure check, typically using the puff-of-air test
- Color vision test
- Depth perception testing
- Please note that we may still occasionally need to dilate your eyes, if our optometrist feels it is necessary
Why is Retinal Imaging with Optomap Superior?
This highly sensitive ocular imaging system eliminates the need to relax your pupils and dilate the eyes with eye drops. The Optos scanner allows us to get a clear, detailed image of your retina while conducting your vision exam.
Advantages of Optomap imaging include:
- More comfortable eye exam for you, with no eye drops required.
- Quicker eye exam, with no waiting for eye drops to take effect.
- Eliminates extreme light sensitivity. As you may recall from prior eye exams, it can be difficult for you to drive or maneuver for up to a few hours after having your eyes dilated with eye drops. With the Optos imaging system, there is no need for you to allow your eyes to "recover" and return to normal.
- Wide panoramic images taken by the Optos system can also reveal peripheral vision problems. The photos offered by this industry-leading optical retinal imaging technology help detect tiny problems with peripheral (side) vision, that may have been undetectable before.
- Give you the chance to see and discuss the optomap image of each eye. You can view the image on the computer screen and talk it over with our eye doctors after your exam.
- The image is kept on file, so that our optometrists can compare future images to this one, to spot any changes in the physical makeup of your retinas.
Learn more about cutting edge Optos Retinal Imaging by contacting Advantage Eyecare in North Richland Hills, Texas. Schedule your next eye exam and experience the convenient, detailed Optos imaging system, Optomap. Our optometrists at Advantage Eyecare also serves Colleyville, Hurst, Bedford, Keller and Southlake. Call us for your comprehensive eye exam at 817-788-2020 today.